Saturday, April 28, 2012

Small Unused Space = Shoe Closet of My Dreams!....

Before you look at this video, I must warn you, this is no easy job. My wonderful boyfriend recognized my shoe addiction and lack of space to accommodate it, and he did something about it. This is a very advanced solution to filling in those unused spaces with additional storage...

 
For those of you using Apple products and can't view the video, here are the pictures... 

 
There was a 14 inch space between my clothing wardrobe in our bedroom and the side wall. It was definitely space that was being wasted. My boyfriend installed drawer racks one the side wall and side of the wardrobe that we purchased at www.homedepot.com . He cut pieces of wood with installed molding on each of them as the drawer fronts to give a more expensive look. Knobs were added to make opening easy. Each shelf holds 4 pairs of shoes and he was able to get 8 drawers in. I color coordinated the shoes and now it's, after seeing him, the second thing that makes me so happy every morning!

An alternate idea is to install a few tension rods you can purchase at www.walmart.com for just a few dollars. Use them to hang additional clothing in the space, or hang necklaces or belts. You can cut a curtain in half and use a tension rod at the top to hang as a door if you are attempting to do it yourself and don't have the woodworking skills.

This is just one of many ideas of how you can use the space you have, and organize in a way that maximizes that space.

No comments:

Post a Comment